Making conductive play-dough at home is a fun, easy, and cheap activity! However, adult supervision is necessary. Recipes from http://courseweb.stthomas.edu/apthomas/SquishyCircuits/conductiveDough.htm
Video Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud05YJMzm00
RECIPE FOR CONDUCTIVE DOUGH
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Flour (A gluten free version of this dough can be made by replacing the flour with gluten-free flour)
- 1/4 Salt
- 3 tbsp. Cream of Tartar (Cream of Tartar can be substituted for 9 tbsp. of Lemon Juice)
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring (optional, but brings in some color to your beautiful circuit designs!)
- Mix all the ingredients into a medium sized pot.
- Cook over medium heat and stir continuously.
- The mixture will began to boil and start to get chunky.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it forms a ball in the center of pot.
- Store the conductive dough in an airtight container or plastic bag. While in the bag, water from the dough will create condensation. This is normal. Just knead the dough after removing it from the bag, and it will be as good as new. If stored properly, the dough should keep for several weeks.