Making your insulating play-dough at home is a fun, easy, and super cheap activity! Recipes from http://courseweb.stthomas.edu/apthomas/SquishyCircuits/insulatingDough.htm
RECIPE FOR INSULATING DOUGH
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Distilled Water (Regular tap water can be used, but the resistance of the dough will be lower)
- Mix all the solid ingredients and oil in a large pot or bowl.
- Mix in a bit of the distilled water and continue to mix the dough.
- Repeat step #2 until all the water has been mixed in.
- Once your mixture forms a consistency, began to use your hands to knead the dough into a lump.
If the dough becomes too sticky, sprinkle a bit more flour to level the consistency. Similarly, if the dough feels dry and is crumbling apart, add a bit more water.